A pragmatic, common sense approach to the detection, evaluation and management of breast diseases and related imaging findings!
The fourth edition of this best selling “how-to” book includes major revisions, including the expansion of the screening mammography and breast MRI chapters, as well as the addition of digital breast tomosynthesis studies. Rather than having selected cropped images, the print and online versions of this book provide the reader with thousands of high quality images and complete imaging evaluations from the screening images, to the diagnostic mammogram and, when appropriate, images from ultrasound, MRI, imaging guided biopsy and preoperative wire localizations. Bulleted “key-facts” describe clinical, imaging and histological findings for a spectrum of breast diseases. With this book, breast-imaging radiologists are encouraged strongly to provide clinical, imaging and pathology concordance for optimal patient care as well as direct and clinically relevant communication with providers and patients.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, offering tablet, smartphone, or online access to:
- Picture yourself in front of a screening mammogram or breast MRI… what now? How do you know if the study is interpretable? What are you looking for? Where do you look? If you detect something, what is the next appropriate step and how do you describe the finding?
- You will have access to hundreds of complete patient evaluations with thousands of images that include screening and diagnostic mammography, digital breast tomosynthesis, ultrasound, magnetic resonance studies and imaging guided breast related procedures with relevant pathology results and, when appropriate, the pathological stage.
- Develop appropriate differential considerations for the spectrum of breast imaging findings and appropriate management strategies.
- Review the indications for imaging guided procedures with step-by-step descriptions for each procedure illustrated with diagrams and images.
- Establish an optimal QA/QC program for your mammography practice, based on the concepts published by the ACR, regarding testing across digital platforms in the online version of the book.
- Test your knowledge and skills with a self-assessment chapter online.
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- A powerful search that pulls results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use