For more than 70 years, Caffey's Pediatric Diagnostic Imaging has been the comprehensive, go-to reference that radiologists have relied upon for dependable coverage of all aspects of pediatric imaging. In the 13th Edition, Dr. Brian Coley leads a team of experts to bring you up to date with today's practice standards in radiation effects and safety and head and neck, neurologic, thoracic, cardiac, gastrointestinal, genitourinary, and musculoskeletal pediatric imaging. This two-volume bestselling reference is a must-have resource for pediatric radiologists, general radiologists, pediatric subspecialists, pediatricians, hospitals, and more - anywhere clinicians need to ensure safe, effective, and up-to-date imaging of children.
New to this Edition
Takes an updated, contemporary approach with more focused and consistently formatted content throughout. Clinical content includes Overview; Etiologies, Pathophysiology, and Clinical Presentation; Imaging, including pros and cons, costs, evidence-based data, findings, and differential diagnostic considerations; and Treatment, including follow-up.
Features 8,500 high-quality images - 1,000 new or updated.
Provides expanded coverage of advanced imaging and diagnostics, including genetics and fetal imaging, MRI and advanced MR techniques, low-dose CT, ultrasound, nuclear medicine, and molecular imaging, as well as the latest quality standards, evidence-based data, and practice guidelines.
Features new Key Points boxes and more tables and flowcharts that make reference faster and easier.
Focuses on safety, particularly in radiation dosing, as part of the Image Gently® campaign to improve pediatric imaging while limiting radiation exposure and unneeded studies.
Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Provides access to 50 online videos, including hypertrophic pyloric stenosis, disorders of swallowing, fetal swallowing, fetal bowel obstruction, upper GI and ultrasound evaluation of malrotation and volvulus, congenital heart disease MRI evaluation, and many more.
Includes separate chapters on radiation effects and safety, pre-natal imaging, neoplasms, trauma, techniques, embryology, genetic anomalies, and common acquired conditions.
Coley: Caffey's Pediatric Diagnostic Imaging 13e
Section 1 Radiation Effects and Safety
1. Radiation Bioeffects, Risks, and Radiation Protection in Medical Imaging in Children
2 Media. Magnetic Resonance Safety
3. Complications of Contrast
Section 2 Head and Neck
Part 1 Orbit
4. Embryology, Anatomy, Normal Findings, and Imaging Techniques
5. Prenatal, Congenital, and Neonatal Abnormalities 6. Orbit Infection and Inflammation
7. Orbital Neoplasia
Part 2 Nose and Sinuses
8. Nose and Sinonasal Cavities
Part 3 Ear and Temporal Bone
9. Embryology, Anatomy, Normal Findings, and Imaging Techniques
10. Congenital and Neonatal Abnormalities
11. Infection and Inflammation
Part 4 Neck
13. Embryology, Anatomy, Normal Findings, and Imaging Techniques
14. Prenatal, Congenital, and Neonatal Abnormalities
15. Infection and Inflammation
Part 5 Thyroid and Parathyroid
17. Thyroid and Parathyroid
Section 3 Neuroradiology
Part 1 Cranium and Face
18. Embryology, Anatomy, Normal Findings, and Imaging Techniques
19. Prenatal Imaging
20. Craniosynostosis, Selected Craniofacial Syndromes, and Other Abnormalities of the Skull
21. Neoplasms, Neoplasm-like Lesions, and Infections of the Skull
Part 2 Mandible
22. The Mandible
Part 3 Skull and Facial Trauma
23. Traumatic Lesions of the Skull and Face
Part 4 Brain
24. Embryology and Brain Development .
25. Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy and Positron Emission Tomography
26. Diffusion-Weighted Magnetic Resonance Imaging: Principles and Implementation in Clinical and Research Settings
27. Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging
28. Perfusion Imaging and Magnetoencephalography
29. Prenatal Imaging
30. Neonatal Brain Injury
31. Congenital Brain Malformations
33. Inherited Metabolic and Neurodegenerative Disorders
34. Infection and Inflammation
35. Pediatric Brain Neoplasms
36. Cerebrovascular Disorders
38. Neuroimaging in Pediatric Epilepsy
Part 5 Vertebral Column and Spinal Cord
40. Embryology, Anatomy, and Normal Findings
41. Spinal Cord Imaging Techniques
42. Prenatal Imaging
43. Congenital Abnormalities of the Spine
44. Infections of the Spine and Spinal Cord
45. Spinal Tumor and Tumorlike Conditions
46. Vascular Lesions
Section 4 Respiratory System
Part 1 Overview
48. Embryology, Anatomy and Neonatal Lung Pathophysiology