Hardcover - 2800 pages, 18/e
The most trusted and authoritative textbook in medicine – made more essential to practice and education by an unmatched array of multi-media resources
Includes DVD with 57 additional chapters, image bank, and state-of-the-art instructional videos and tutorials
Acclaimed for its unique balance of pathobiology, cardinal manifestations and signs of disease, and best approaches to current patient management, Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine continues to set the standard as the most widely read clinical reference in medical publishing. This landmark book offers the most definitive survey of current medical knowledge available anywhere, and its all-inclusive coverage reflects the critical, recent advances that have shaped the field of internal medicine.
The 18th edition of Harrison’s builds on its tradition of quality and leading-edge clinical perspectives to deliver a state-of-the-art print and digital resource—one that encompasses the full spectrum of internal medicine education and practice. Extensively revised and expanded, the new edition augments the unsurpassed value of Harrison’s as an outstanding clinical, educational, and lifelong learning and professional development tool.
NEW FEATURES OF HARRISON’S PRINCIPLES OF INTERNAL MEDICINE, 18TH EDITION
- 2-volume presentation for a more open design that enhances readability
- Unmatched coverage of the mechanisms and management of all diseases in internal medicine, including landmark chapters on HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, Healthcare-Associated Infections, and STEMI and Non-STEMI Myocardial Infarction
- 5 New print chapters: World Demography of Aging, The Biology of Aging, Clinical Problems of Aging, The Human Microbiome, Acinetobacter Infections, and Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome
- Expanded coverage of global health considerations throughout the text incisively reviews the pivotal internal medicine issues that are impacting healthcare around the world
- More than 1450 illustrations—nearly all in full color—with additional images on the DVD
- A special tribute to longtime Harrison’s editor, Eugene Braunwald, MD
- Companion DVD containing 57 chapters not included in the book—20 of which are new to this edition—and extensive atlases and image galleries with over 500 illustrations, plus all-new videos commissioned and developed exclusively for Harrison’s, including: A comprehensive, masterpiece video from internationally renowned clinician-educator Martin Samuels, which takes you step by step through the neurological assessment and examination; 4 complete instructional videos covering key clinical procedures: Central venous line placement, Endotracheal intubation, Pericardiocentesis, Thoracentesis